Hong Kong is a country which falls under the People’s Republic of China (PRC). This amazing destination has a lot to offer immigrants from overseas nations in terms of providing them with immense opportunities of work. Hong Kong Immigration is now possible by applying for Hong Kong immigration through QMAS Visa.
Immigration to Hong Kong
Hong Kong brings a plethora of work opportunities for highly skilled workers and talented individuals. Any individual falling under either of these categories can immigrate to this country by Hong Kong QMAS Visa Application. With its flourishing economy, Hong Kong attracts immigrants in work areas where it is experiencing a shortage so as to boost the country’s economy.
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
This is a quota-based scheme. The main objective of this scheme is to allure highly skilled workers and talented persons who could otherwise not gain an entrance into Hong Kong, to have the authorization to enter and live in the country and contribute immensely to its economy. This would help the country to gain a strong foothold in the global market scenario. As an applicant seeking Hong Kong Immigration, you do not need prior job offer letter from an employer. All that you require is to fulfill certain pre-requisite criteria based on certain factors.
The Hong Kong QMAS Scheme is a point-based test. There are two types of points test: General Points Test and Achievement-Based Points Test.
Requirements for Hong Kong Immigration
- Age- Must be 18 years or above at the time of application lodging
- Financial stability- Should be self sufficient to provide for himself/herself as well as dependents, without the need to fall upon public funds for assistance
- Character requirements- Must bear a good moral character, with no history of a criminal record
- Language competency- Should be able to read and write either in Chinese or English
- Educational Qualification- The applicant must have a good educational degree from a recognized institution. In the absence of a relevant degree, certain technical skills and professional experience can be considered.
Hong Kong QMAS Points Calculator
Under the Hong Kong Immigration Points Calculator, there are two ways of obtaining scores.
- General Points Test- A minimum of 80 points needs to be obtained under all the above pre-requisite criteria.
- Achievement-Based Points Test- This requires a person to secure a minimum of 165 points. These points may be awarded fully to a person who is :-
- Receiver of an award for an exceptional achievement (e.g. Nobel Prize, Olympic Medal, National or International awards)
- A significant contributor in his or her area of expertise or whose work has been recognized by peers (e.g. Lifetime achievement award)