In order to secure entry into Hong Kong as per the QMAS Scheme, the individual’s must satisfy the basic prerequisites, and they should pass the points based test and should compete for the quota allocation with other applicants.
According to this scheme, we find maximum of 1000 applicants every year granted visas. These individual’s are permitted to bring not only their spouse but also unmarried dependent children below the age of 18 to Hong Kong under the Dependent visa scheme.
- Foreign nationals except nationals of Albania, Afghanistan, Cuba, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Korea and Nepal are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- All applicants should satisfy the below pre-requisites
- Age should be 18 years or above while filing the application
- Financial requirement: The applicant should be able to demonstrate that they are capable of not only supporting but also accommodating themselves as well as their dependents on their financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.
- Good Character : The individual’s should not have any kind of criminal record
- Language proficiency : The individual must be proficient either in Chinese or English language.
- Basic Educational Qualification : The individual should posses’ good educational background. Normally it is preferable to possess an undergraduate degree from a tertiary educational institution or from recognized university. However, we find that under special circumstances, in the absence of such degree, documentary evidence of good technical qualification, relevant professional abilities as well as achievements and experience would be considered.
QMAS Visa renewal
The QMAS visa is valid for a period of one year. If they are interested to extend their Settle in Hong Kong, they should file the renewal application minimum four weeks in advance before their limit of stay expire. The renewal application would be considered only if they meet the eligibility criteria.