The Hong Kong QMAS is quota based entrant scheme. It does attract the highly skilled or talented persons to Settle in Hong Kong to enhance Hong Kong’s Economic competitiveness.
The successful applicants are not required to have secured an offer of local employment before their entry to Hong Kong Immigration. All the applicants are required to fulfill set of prerequisites before they can be awarded points under the one of the two points based tests that include General points test and achievement based points test and compete for quota allocation with other applicants.
The successful applicants under the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme might bring their spouse as well as unmarried dependent children under the age of 18 to Hong Kong provided that they are capable of supporting as well as accommodating their dependent on their own financial resources without relying on public assistance in Hong Kong.
The Requirement for Hong Kong QMAS
- Age: The applicant age must be age 18 or above while applying
- Financial Requirement : The applicant must be able to demonstrate that he/she is capable of supporting as well as accommodating himself/herself and his/her dependents, if any, on his/own financial resources without relying on the public assistance during his/her stay in Hong Kong.
- Good character: The applicant must not have any criminal record or should have adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
- Language proficiency: The applicant must be proficient in both written as well as spoken Chinese or English
- Basic Educational Qualification: The applicant should have a good education background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or tertiary educational institution. In specific scenarios, good technical qualification and proven abilities, as well as experience and achievements, are supported by the documentary evidence might be considered.
- If the applicants fail to offer satisfactory supporting documents showing that he/she meets all the above prerequisites, his/her application would not be processed further and will be refused immediately.