Hong Kong is not only one of the best tourist destinations in the world but it is also one of the most important financial centers of Asia. Hong Kong offers a lot of employment opportunities to foreign skilled workers. Every year Hong Kong encourages skilled foreign workers from around the globe under Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS). Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) gives priority to highly skilled workers to migrate and work in Hong Kong.
For applying Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS), the applicant needs to fulfill some basic requirements. Listed below are few formalities that an applicant needs to fulfill,
- Applicants have to clear Points test-either General OR Achievement
- High scoring applications are selected in a selection exercise by the HK Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota
- Hong Kong immigration department give priority to applications with high scores.
- Approval-in-Principal Letter given for Interview in HK
- Applicants have to attend interview with original documents
- Entry Visa / Work Permit granted for one year
- Can bring spouse & children under 18 to HK
Listed below is the eligibility criteria for an applicant who wishes to file for Hong Kong's Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS),
- The applicants must be above 18 years of age
- The applicant must have enough of financial resources to support themselves during their stay in Hong Kong.
- They should not be a dependent on government of Hong Kong
- The applicant must possess good character and should not have any criminal record against them.
- They must have good English and Chinese proficiency
- Applicants must clear point’s test which can be either General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test.
According to the recent guideline for Language Proficiency Requirement of the Hong Kong QMAS
, it is no longer necessary to have proficiency in both English AND Chinese. Being proficient in either Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) OR English will suffice.
Visa can be denied by Hong Kong immigration
authorities if the applicant fails to submit or satisfy obligations mentioned, and also if the applicant having a criminal background.
For more information on QMAS
visas, visit your nearest Opulentus
office to get the best visa processing solutions or call 1800-103-155.