Hong Kong is considered as the ultimate destination for Indians, especially for skilled professionals. The country is often referred as the finance center of South Asia. Hong Kong immigration has become extremely popular among skilled professionals who wish to work overseas. The country offers ample opportunities for highly qualified professionals and has designed Quality Migrant Admission Scheme to encourage skilled migration.
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a quota-based entrant scheme, which is designed to attract talented professionals who do not have the right to enter the country. Foreigners should intend to settle in Hong Kong and should use their skills for the betterment of the economy. Applicants who are successful are not required to get a job offer from local employer before they enter the country. Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme is a point based system under which applicants must score enough points under any one of the points based test- General or achievement based point test.
Requirements of Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
If you are applying under Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme – Hong Kong QMAS Visa, you need to satisfy certain requirements such as:
- Age must be 18 or above at the time of filing application
- Hold adequate funds to support your stay in the country. If you are bringing your family members, you need to hold sufficient funds to meet the expenses of your family members also.
- Clear records and background checks
- Should be proficient in written and spoken Chinese or English
- Good academics, normally a first degree from authorized university. In some cases, good technical skills with proven professional abilities will be an added advantage
Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme Point base system
Applicants should score adequate points under any of the two selection systems. Under General based test, points will be awarded for age, academics, work experience, language and family background. On the other hand, achievement based point test allots points for individuals with exceptional skills and abilities. So, you can choose any of the test to qualify under the Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme.